Worth Watching

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A new start

Now i have revamped my blog! I still dunno how to cancel out a wishlist item, since the new layout thing cant be edited like that.
Well, new school, new people, new subject. New Moon essence is the main sponsor of The Arena. random. But i'm watching it. I feel its a bit weird. Thats trying to be as objective as possible. I do not FEEL this because RI is not winning by a margin, or even winning. I THINK it because some arguements i hear are not very good, even flawed, and yet judges vote for those same arguements. Anyway, its not my problem. Some people probably dont need the prize money anyway, so its not my problem anymore.
Now to some current issues. OK maybe not that current. By the way, OK was first reported o be used on the 12th of August by a journalist, meaning "Oll Korrect". I dont know if thats korrect spelling, but its not important, OK? For those who didnt know, thats my irthday. Hint.
About the Sand thing. Well, I am quite sure that Indonetias reasons are well substantiated and reasonable. I do not want to stir up feelings of neighbouring countries, but what I am saying does not mean anythign like that. well, I dont accuse anyone blindly on the blog. And i do have Indonesian friends OK? Well, i am heartened that Indonesia is concerned about the environment. Hooray! But that still leaves this country (Singapore, for those who do not already know) in a predicament. The PM says that we can follow Japan. Use steel. or whatever metal suitable. However, i must say that Singapore is hot. There is no cold season. So my worry is that the buildings we build post no-sand era would melt under the constant shine of the tropical sun. And during the monsoon season, there is another problem. Rust. Steel/Iron rusts. sure they can be prevented, but there is a chance of protection to fail in any circumstance, let alone buildings. I am sure some parents would attest to this fact.
But steel must be strong. Since Japan is subject to seasonal changes, the steel would be heated and cooled repeatedly. That has to mean steel is strong, because I havent heard any reports of collapsing buildings in Japan. So steel it is.
Maybe we could buy sand from elsewhere, where there is a lot of it. Maybe Egypt or Saudi Arabia. Deserts. No one will miss any grain if we buy from them. ad its not like they will use the sand for land reclamation. I can only imagine what a landlocked coutry would be doing with a land reclamation project. However, there are transport costs. Eqypt is only a little further than Indonesia, and it costs only a little bit more to transport the sand. Heres an idea. Singapore could construct an underground pipeline to transport sand, which passes through middle eastern countries like Iraq and Iran. Brilliant idea. That way, sand can be sandt via pipe. Just hope that the United States doesnt deveop a shortage of sand. Then maybe Iraq and Iran would be screwed and we would lose our sand supply. If not, then more sandwiches, sandcastles and sandpaper for us!
I think thats enough for this post. Before the CIA kocks on my door.

No comments: