Worth Watching

Monday, August 20, 2007

Screwing Up is Child's Play

I have decided to start blogging again. Do read. I hope it is educational. Like to help with GP. I would like to think my blog is enriching enough. The grammar is good, I do not really use short forms and 1337 speak, the spelling is ok minus the occasional typo, and my vocabulary is not excellent, but its not dismal either. But I guess you could read dictionaries if youre into the whole vocabulary thing. Just to clarify some doubts.
OK. Recently, there has been a major problem with made-in-China products. First it was the fake buns. Then it was the fake video about the buns. And now, falling under the microscope are sweets and toys. This time they are not fake. What would a fake sweet or toy be like? I'm assuming sour or some other flavour. And the toys actually are collectors items not to be taken out of the original pakaging for fear of diminishing the value of mint-condition action figures. Frankly, those are not dangerous. Unless geeks like threaten to destroy the internet. As I write this post, I have reports coming in about Chinamade clothing. I dont have much information on that so i will dwell on the toys. And a China Airways aeroplane just exploded. I think they mixed it up with a toy. Guys who make planes, those are the real thing, not toys. Stick to what you know best, toys. And just because you see them in the sky so small, do not think they are as small as those model planes you make.
American toy company Mattel has recalled a lot of made-in-China toys because authorities have found them to be dangerous to children, being either chemical or physical hazards. Some have magnets that come off and are small, and children can swallow them and choke to death. Others have parts with toxic lead paint.
This is appalling, as unsuspecting children are now at risk from rogue toys. Heck Mr. Bush, just foget terrorists, China poses more of a threat to you now, not Iraq. Go bomb them.
The topic should not be laughed at. Imagine this scene; A child who has been hospitalised because she has been playing with "Poison-Me Barbie" recieves a get well gift, a "Choke-on-my-Magnet Polly Pocket". The cruel irony. We cannot let this continue.
Apparently, some guy at the top has killed himself over this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he jumped to his death. Heres an idea, not that it would make a difference because he's already dead. Why didnt he just play with his toys? I'm quite sure he had a lot of leftovers. And also, if the toys didnt kill him, then he would not have had to kill himself. Sheer genius.
Turns out, these toys are not as dangerous as they seem. Lead paint is used in miniscule proportions. Still, I believe this is just a safety precaution. We wouldnt want one in a million American kids die from Chinamade toys, but we wouldnt mind causing a lot of people a lot of trouble. However, we dont mind killing loads of middle eastern kids and causing a lo of people trouble. Maybe if the toys killed more kids, it would be ok...

No comments: